Route evaluation to Reviewer with your institution course attached
The Evaluation Tracker workflow allows you to route transfer courses (with or without potential equivalencies) to designated evaluators for review. All of the steps in the workflow are documented, so this can replace the paper or e-mail trails for your evaluation process (whether you elect to store your equivalencies in TES® or not).
This article will illustrate how to send a transfer course(s) to an evaluator with a proposed equivalency.
Create an Evaluation Task
- Select the transfer course(s).
- Select the footprint icon ("Create evaluation for all courses below").
- Select the appropriate data set for your institution, select the department, and the proposed equivalent to select the course(s).
- Select the Preview button.
- Assign the evaluation task to an evaluator.
- If you want the evaluator to receive an e-mail alert, make sure the Send email alert? checkbox is enabled.
- Add any Comments that are appropriate/necessary.
- Add any Support Files that are appropriate/necessary.
- Select Create Evaluation Task to send the proposed equivalency to the evaluator.
Once the evaluation task is completed and assigned to the evaluator, you have five navigation buttons to choose from to continue to set up evaluations, work with them, or create new equivalencies.
- New Course
- New Institution
- My Queue
- New Evaluation
- New Equivalency
- Select New Course to choose a different course from the same institution, data set, and department (Course Finder 3).
- Select New Institution to choose a course from a different institution (Course Finder 1).
- Select My Queue to navigate to your My Evaluations queue (My Evaluations - Assigned to me).
- Select New Evaluation to create a new evaluation task for a course coming from the same institution, data set, and department to the same data set and department from your institution (Add Evaluation Task 1). Of course, you can also change either or both data sets or departments.
- Select New Equivalency to create an equivalency to a course coming from the same institution, data set, and department to the same data set and department from your institution (Equivalency Manager). Of course, you can also change either or both data sets or departments.
What will the Evaluator See?
- The evaluator logs in to TES®.
- They land right in their My Evaluations queue (because they set that up in their User Preferences).
- See User Preferences: Change Password and Set Home Page ("A Specialized Case: The Faculty Evaluator") for setup.
- The evaluator selects the arrow to the left of the institution name to be brought into the list of pending evaluations.
- Within their queue is an evaluation task for ECON 1010 from Eastern Wyoming College.
- They select the Edit Evaluation arrow to open the evaluation task.
- They can select from the list of Actions.
- They can Approve the proposed equivalency.
- They can Deny the proposed equivalency.
- A screen will appear where they can select an optional reason to deny the course: Subject, Level, Lab, Sequence, or Other. They can also leave the Type blank.
- They can request more information (Need More Information).
- They can Re-Assign the task to another evaluator.
- For example if it was sent to the wrong department, or if you have a routing process where the initial request is sent to an evaluator who then needs to send it to the Chair or the Dean.
- They can also add/edit the selected target course(s) if they need to change the equivalency before approving it (Add/Edit Course).
- Once they approve it:
- They can enter an optional Note.
- They will need to select a person to Assign the evaluation task to for the next steps. If no one is selected, the Default Assignee (as established in Evaluation Tracker) will receive the evaluation.
- All users with SERVICE EVAL and either MANAGE EVAL or CREATE EQ user rights will appear on a drop-down list of eligible recipients.
- An optional email alert can be sent.
- The approved evaluation task leaves the evaluator's queue, and now appears in the queue of the Assignee. Depending on that user's rights and your institutional policy, they can:
- Close the evaluation (if your institution is only using the Evaluation Tracker).
- Create Equivalency and Close (if your institution is both using the Evaluation Tracker and is storing equivalencies in TES®).
- The EVALUATION LOG tracks every step through the process and is available within Equivalency Manager to anyone with the CREATE EQ user right.
- Individuals with the ACCESS EQ or CREATE EQ user right can also see these details in the Equivalency Finder.