Expiring and Expired Passwords: Annual Password Reset
In this article:
Password About to Expire
If an individual attempts to log into TES® seven or fewer days before the expiration of the user's password, the user will be prompted with a message like below.
- State the number of days until the password expires; and
- Prompt the user to choose to either reset the password now or receive the same reminder at the next login.
Reset Password Now
To reset the password now:
- Select Reset Password Now.
- Follow the instructions under Annual Password Reset.
Reset Password Later
To reset the password at a later point, select the Reset Password Later hyperlink.
Individuals selecting this option will be logged directly into TES®. If a user attempts to log into TES again before the password is set to expire, the individual will receive the same prompt, again noting the number of days until the user's password expires.
If a user does not reset the password within the noted time period, the password will expire, and the individual will be required to update the password upon the next login. Similarly, if the user does not attempt to log into TES during this timeframe, the user will miss seeing additional reminders and must reset the expired password upon the next login.
- See below for further information.
If a user did not log into TES® or opted not to reset the password during the password expiration notification period, the user will receive the following alert once the password has expired and the user attempts to log in.
The user must reset the password at this time to regain access to TES. To do so:
- Select the Reset My Password hyperlink.
- See Annual Password Reset below for further instructions.
Annual Password Reset
Upon selecting Reset My Password, the user will be taken to the Annual Password Reset screen in TES®.
To reset the password:
- Review the password guidelines:
- The password must be new, not the same as your previous password.
- The password must be a minimum of eight (8) characters.
- The password must contain at least two letter characters and two number characters.
- The password must contain at least one uppercase character and at least one lowercase character.
- The password may contain special characters except for spaces, forward slashes, semi-colons, or sequential hyphens.
- Enter a new password into the field noted.
- Re-enter the password in the Re-enter to confirm box.
TES will support the copying and pasting of passwords and entering of passwords via a password management system.
The password will be hidden by default.
- To display it, select the Show button.
- To hide the password again, select Hide.
- If the user has a TES and Transferology Lab account, the individual will be presented with the following two items to verify:
- If the user does not have a Transferology Lab account, the individual will only be presented with the following two items to verify:
- That the individual is an employee of the noted institution.
- Mark the checkboxes to the left of each item.
- Select Submit.
The user will be directed to the TES login screen, where it will be noted that the password was successfully changed. Please log in with the new password.
Users can additionally reset the TES account password within User Preferences: Change Password and Set Home Page anytime. Each time a password is reset, the 365 days from which the password expires starts again.