User Added Course Migration
User-Added Departments and User-Added Courses are created at the data set level, meaning that they are only available for selection from the data set that they were created in. You don’t have to re-create all the User-Added elements each time a new data set is loaded. There is a Migration feature available. This means that you can just create User-Added Departments and User-Added Courses, as you need them, in one place, and then migrate them to all of the data sets you need them in.
- Open the User-Added Courses feature.
- Select the Home Data radio button, and click the Submit button.
Migration is not currently available for User-Added Send Courses.
- Click the Migrate button to migrate User-Added Home Departments and User-Added Home Courses from one data set to any other.
- The SOURCE DATA SET list shows all the data sets that you have added User-Added Departments and/or User-Added Courses to.
- The COUNT is the number of User-Added Courses in that dataset.
- The DESTINATION DATA SET list shows all the data sets in TES for your institution.
- Select a Source Data Set and a Destination Data Set and click the submit button.
- The User-Added Departments and User-Added Courses will be migrated (copied) from the selected Source Data Set to the selected Destination Data Set.
Please note: If your institution has made any major changes to curriculum - such as changing department codes - migrating User-Added Courses that were created under the prior format can result in User-Added Courses in the new data set that are not valid. In this scenario, you will need to build new User-Added Courses in the new data set. For example, if a 2015-2016 department reference was listed as MAT, you may have built a User- Added Course in the 2015-2016 dataset built as MAT 1XX. If the department reference then changes to MATH in 2016-2017, migrating MAT 1XX will not convert it to MATH 1XX; you will still need to build MATH 1XX (and potentially delete MAT 1XX from the new data set).