Send E-mail Reminders
Why Send Email Reminders?
Sometimes, it is helpful to send email reminders to evaluators who have not completed the evaluation tasks in their queue. For example:
- your institution has an established timeframe under which faculty can complete evaluations. After this, any pending evaluations are forwarded to a secondary evaluator, who will review the courses for general credit. You can send faculty an email reminder to acknowledge that their input is needed.
- when attempting to send a course for review, you see in the Evaluation History that the course is already out for review. Rather than duplicate a pending evaluation task, you can send a reminder that there is an incomplete evaluation.
How to Send Email Reminders
Any user with the MANAGE EVAL user rights can send email reminders about pending evaluation tasks.
- Navigate to the Track menu, and select Send Email Reminders. A list of all evaluators with pending evaluation tasks will appear.
- Use the filter dropdown lists to narrow the list down to the evaluations for a specific institution or by the age of the outstanding evaluation tasks (or both!)
- Filter by a Specific INSTITUTION:
- Filter by the AGE of the evaluation task (>2 DAYS, >5 DAYS, >10 DAYS, >15 DAYS, >20 DAYS, >30 DAYS,>60 DAYS, >90 DAYS):
- Filter by both the INSTITUTION and the AGE of the evaluation task:
- Click the checkboxes in the far-left column to select particular evaluators, or click "CHECK ALL" (the checkbox next to the NAME label) to select the intended recipients. If you have more than one page, you can switch pages, and all the checks previously entered will be retained.
- Click the E-mail button to compose the e-mail reminder.
- Click Send
- A reminder e-mail will be sent to each of the staff selected. The [X] will be replaced by the number of outstanding evaluation tasks for each user from the list above. Each e-mail will be sent BCC (blind copy) so that no one will see anyone else’s outstanding evaluation tasks. You may elect to send yourself a copy of the e-mail if desired. You will get a copy of every e-mail sent (you may want to set up a mailbox rule!) All replies to the e-mail will be sent to the school e-mail address of the individual that initiates the e-mail reminder.