Navigating in TES
To navigate throughout TES you will want to familiarize yourself with the menu. The top-level options are grouped into the actions Search, Track, Match, and Manage. Additionally, there are links for Support, Contacting Us, and Logging Out (an important thing to remember to do.)
This is the section users spend the most time in, looking up course descriptions, catalogs, transcript keys, institution profile data, and equivalencies.
- Course Finder
- Allows you to quickly navigate the course description database, and begin process for building equivalencies by printing, emailing, or routing the courses for evaluation.
- Equivalency Finder
- The Equivalency Finder is a searchable, “view only” list of established equivalencies by your institution. It echoes the Public View and allows users without equivalency manager rights to search through your account’s existing equivalencies.
- Course List Report
- Allows you to create a custom report containing any courses and course descriptions that you select. It can contain courses from multiple institutions. An Equivalency Report is a function of the Course List Report that utilizes course equivalency relationships created with the Equivalency Manager. It lists courses that have been added to a course list report, maps them to the data set you choose, and then generates a report.
- Course Change Explorer
- Allows you to review changes to incoming transfer courses and compare two catalogs from any institution. View a list of all of the courses that have changed, been dropped, or been added.
This feature allows you to route course descriptions and proposed equivalencies to faculty and staff for evaluation by creating Evaluation Tasks. The evaluation process is tracked and recorded, and allows for notes to be added during each step. Whether you decide to store the results as an equivalency or not, the evaluation log tracks every action for future review.
- My Evaluations
- The My Evaluations queue contains all of the Evaluation Tasks that are assigned to you, or that were created by you.
- All Open Evaluations
- The All Open Evaluations queue will list every open/pending evaluation task for all TES users at your institution / in your account.
- All Closed Evaluations
- Every closed evaluation task will be stored in the All Closed Evaluations queue.
- Send Email Reminders
- To avoid duplicating evaluation tasks, send e-mails to assigned users that have Open Evaluations for specific institutions, by age of outstanding task, or both.
You must have Equivalency Manager User Rights in order to access most items under Match. This is where you manage and/or batch edit your equivalencies, run reports, add User-Added courses (courses not in our database), add course tags to your courses, and/or upload course outlines to your courses.
- Equivalency Manager
- Equivalency Manager allows you to create and manage course equivalency relationships between your course inventory and another institution. The equivalency relationships are shared between all members/users of your account and can be displayed on your website using the Public View function.
- Equivalency Batch Editor
- The Equivalency Batch Editor helps you to identify and/or edit existing equivalencies in TES. You must store equivalencies in TES in order to take advantage of this tool. There are two basic features in the Equivalency Batch Editor: The Equivalency Search feature, and the Health Check Report feature.
- Equivalency Explorer
- There are four different reports in the Equivalency Explorer: Reciprocal, Course Title Match, Course Code Match, and Course Tag Audit. These reports provide helpful comparison reports of courses and equivalencies from other institutions that can help you to add/improve equivalencies at your institution.
- User Added Courses
- The User-Added Courses feature allows you to add Departments and Courses to your TES data set that do not already appear in TES.
- Course Tags & Outlines
- Course Tags are to be used when there are state approved codes corresponding to courses from the state’s institutions. Talk to staff at CollegeSource if your state has codes that you would like to be added to TES®. Administrators have rights to add these tags to courses from your institution
- Outlines are PDF files that can be attached to your courses to show learning outcomes. These can be attached to your courses through your administrator.
This menu is for TES Administrators. You can add/edit users, set user rights, customize the Public View display, export a list of equivalencies, view usage statistics, and more.
- User Preferences
- Available to anyone with a TES account, Users can change their password and set their default login page.
- An overview of your TES account that includes where equivalencies are distributed, User and Account Activity, My Tasks, and New catalogs for schools to which your institution already has established equivalencies.
- Usage Statistics
- Have you ever been asked to justify the expense of a TES subscription? Have you ever wanted to see just how much TES usage increased on your campus after delivering a training session? Have you ever wanted to see your equivalencies as a snapshot on a map? Have you ever just want to see how many things are being looked at in TES? The Usage Statistics in TES will allow to do all of those things. To view the Usage Statistics, you need to have the TES Administrator User Right.
- Evaluation Workflow
- Allows TES Administrators to set default options for the Evaluation Tracker Workflow.
- Public View Management
- The Public View will publish all of your un-hidden equivalencies, Groups, and Group Reports. Any equivalencies or reports displayed in the Public View will automatically update with any changes in the underlying TES database, making it a very flexible and efficient way for you to publish your equivalencies, Transfer Guides, Articulation Agreements, etc.
- User Management
- Area where TES Administrators add, update, de-activate, and re-activate new users, including setting User Rights.
- Export Options
- TES Admins can extract equivalencies to a .txt or XML file of selected equivalencies using various filter options.
- Switch Account